At SoundExchange we’re looking for a visionary, experienced, highly organized and motivated individual with a successful track record to join our Operations team. In this role, you will help us define and organize our overall SoundExchange data strategy, as well as shape the future of our data management initiatives, exchange formats, international standard identifiers, sound recording and musical work repertoire exchange tools and shared international repositories.
This role will play a key role in establishing, building and managing the data strategy across the company. As an important member of the SoundExchange Data Governance team, you will identify, develop and implement best practices, standards, controls, and policies across the organization. Reporting to the SVP Operations, the Data Strategy Director will coordinate SoundExchange’s overall strategy including governance, policy, business use and data exchange. You will work closely with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders on maximizing operational efficiencies, evaluating current and future business needs, and ensuring that a proper data strategy is developed and executed upon.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company and develop a coherent strategy for acquiring, organizing, governing, managing, analyzing and using SoundExchange’s data information assets
- Oversee and maintain the Data Governance committee
- Develop and seek alignment and agreement on data authority levels and compliance across the organization
- Work closely with IT to establish governance model within our SoundExchange systems
- Isolate opportunities to use data as a competitive advantage, to increase the efficiency of our operations, to streamline our processes, to drive innovation and to better support SoundExchange’s strategic priorities and goals
- Ensure the alignment of our data with our vision, our data-related initiatives and our corporate roadmap
- Represent SoundExchange at various DDEX (Digital Data Exchange) and other international working groups
- Represent SoundExchange, provide assessments and oversee various domestic and international projects and initiatives related to standards, formats, identifiers, tools and shared repositories
- Cultivate new, and expand upon existing, relationships within the music industry
- Ensure highly productive relationships and partnerships within SoundExchange and externally for the benefit of the organization
- Exhibit deep understanding of copyright, licensing, and royalty administration and the systems and processes necessary to operate and scale SoundExchange’s operations
- Help to define the data management vison and institutionalize SoundExchange data governance strategy, policies.
- Identify & implement opportunities to enrich, complement and improve data to benefit of the whole organization
- Develop reports to monitor the adoption and completion of agreed upon corporate data standards
- Establish procedures and protocols that business and technical users adopt to maintain metadata
- Foster a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Develop and track metrics to measure and ensure objectives are attained
- Continuously improve methodologies, processes, standards, and best practices
Skills and Qualifications
- BA or BS degree (or equivalent experience), with a minimum of 10 years of experience working in the music industry
- Excellent understanding of the Music Industry data value chain, specifically sound recording and musical works, and music publishing.
- Deep understanding of the international sound recording and publishing administration royalty processing landscape
- Deep understanding of international identifiers and data exchange standards, protocols and specification’s
- Experience building alliances and working with other senior management
- Understanding and conversant knowledge of software technologies required
- Able to adapt to different internal and external constituencies
- Passionate about business results, with a strong sense of accountability, metrics, and ownership
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Analytic and decisive -with the ability to prioritize key objectives and propose tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals
- Action oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management
- Experience with agile software development methodologies, processes, and practices
- Keen interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, strong work ethic, and team player
- Proven solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to excel in an agile, collaborative, dynamic, and fast-paced environment
- Able to quickly gain proficiency with unfamiliar systems and processes
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple high priority projects
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.
Note: Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.