SoundExchange is looking for an International Operations Specialist to join our team to help ensure the timely and accurate processing of international royalties to performers and rights holders by implementing current repertoire data quality and exchange standards. The Specialist will communicate with our international partners to process repertoire claim metadata, track incoming and outgoing payments, and resolve conflicts and disputes. Additionally, the Specialist will help improve data quality.
- Ensure the accurate, timely, and successful processing of international royalties in our distribution engine
- Receive and deliver playlists, repertoire submissions, mandates, feedback files and distribution statements
- Collaborate with other teams on related activities and projects, including IT, Finance, Legal, Rights Management, License Management, Distribution Operations, and Customer Services
- Respond timely to international partner ad hoc claims, disputes, and inquiries
- Improve methodologies, standards and best practices around the processing and collection of international royalties
- Collaborate with the Data Mining team to define data initiatives that can maximize the flow of international royalties exchanged
- Track operational metrics related to international royalty processing
Skills and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, management, or related field preferred (or equivalent experience); minimum 2 years of work experience required, 2 years of music industry experience working with repertoire a plus
- Understanding of key concepts related to music repertoire ownership required
- Strong aptitude for working with computer systems – exceptional Excel skills required
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Professional writing and verbal communications
- Strong independent work ethic and team player
- Proven solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to excel in an agile, collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Able to quickly gain proficiency with unfamiliar systems and processes
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple high priority projects
- Exposure to analytics and data mining methods is a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Interest in working in neighboring rights is a plus
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a résumé, cover letter, and a professional and/or technical writing sample to us at [email protected].
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.
Note: Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.