Have you ever wanted to work in a role that directly impacts the music industry? Are you seeking a role that advances creative growth? Are you interested in contributing to a team that develops business solutions that benefit independent artists and music companies alike? Then join us at SoundExchange, where we have the privilege of serving the entire creative music community!
At SoundExchange, we have developed a cloud-based enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our software platform is a set of cloud-native, federated systems that are highly scalable, resilient, and modular, leveraging both custom-built and 3rd party components. We are seeking individuals to become members of our growing Engineering team to help evolve SoundExchange’s software strategy and products and expand our service offerings to the music industry.
We’re hiring a Lead Software Engineer on our growing Music Publishing Platform that will be a key contributor to the full lifecycle of our software development process while coaching, leading, and mentoring their small technical team. You will lead and direct the work of others and assist in the direction of the engineering organization by developing, releasing, integrating, maintaining, and supporting software applications and systems according to business needs. You will also be a hands-on lead developer that excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment and is passionate about developing high quality, scalable software. You will be familiar with a variety of enterprise software engineering concepts, models, practices, and processes. You will rely on your considerable experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This exciting role will allow you a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
With your help, we will collect and distribute digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 200,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts and administer direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. We will also work together to build and enhance the additional services (particularly for music publishing) that SoundExchange provides to the entire music industry.
- Leads, develops, and manages a small team of engineers
- Collaborates across small Agile teams to design, develop, test, and support full stack solutions
- Hands-on Technical Lead Developer role in software development projects and activities
- Oversees the delivery of engineering initiatives and projects
- Facilitates architecture discussions and decision-making both within their team and coordination with interfacing teams
- Interfaces with key project stakeholders, mentors team, and promotes and improves software engineering practices
- Demonstrates responsibility, accountability, and dedication to engineering team success
- Assists Senior IT members with company technology strategy and roadmap
- Establishes and promotes use of technologies and processes that lower risk and increase efficiency
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements
- Supports and improves established software development standards and best practices
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical field
- 6+ years of overall software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience in a lead technical role
- Proficiency in Agile software development methodology, processes, and practices
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with team members and business partners
Nice to have Skills or Qualifications:
- Experience in the following a plus: Angular, Bootstrap, Serverless
- Experience designing and developing microservices or other distributed systems
- Proficiency at designing relational data models and working with relational databases
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure as code technologies
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.
Note: Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.